Welcome to the Child & Youth Care Association of Alberta
What the Child and Youth Care Association has to offer:
Child and Youth Care Counsellors provide a distinct and crucial service in the social and mental health of children youth and families who are considered at-risk or with children in-care.
The Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta works to improve professional standards for Child and Youth Care Counsellors by providing support, education and opportunities to enhance skills and abilities; ensuring that children, youth and families receive the highest quality of care.
The Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta serves Child and Youth Care professionals by:
- Providing vital education resources and opportunities
- A certification process to ensure the quality of the profession
- Providing support, and opportunities to enhance skills and abilities
- Access to provincial, national and international conferences
- Advocating for legislation given our essential service to the public
- Maintain a code of ethics and standardization activities
- Awards and recognition of Child and Youth Care Counsellors who excel in their work