Welcome to the Child & Youth Care Association of Alberta
What the Child and Youth Care Association has to offer:
Child and Youth Care Counsellors provide a distinct and crucial service in the social and mental health of children youth and families who are considered at-risk or with children in-care.
The Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta works to improve professional standards for Child and Youth Care Counsellors by providing support, education and opportunities to enhance skills and abilities; ensuring that children, youth and families receive the highest quality of care.
The Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta serves Child and Youth Care professionals by:
- Providing vital education resources and opportunities
- A certification process to ensure the quality of the profession
- Providing support, and opportunities to enhance skills and abilities
- Access to provincial, national and international conferences
- Advocating for legislation given our essential service to the public
- Maintain a code of ethics and standardization activities
- Awards and recognition of Child and Youth Care Counsellors who excel in their work
The CYCAA Education Committee is excited to offer Understanding the Therapeutic Moment: The Power of ‘Being There’ Symposium with Dr. Bruce Perry on September 12, 2019. Tickets are on sale now, with a discounted member rate for CYCAA members. Please see the information below.
We hope to see you and your colleagues there! Please feel free to spread the word as well.
The CYCAA Education Committee