Choosing to invest in the Child and Youth Care Association is not just an investment in an organization—it’s an investment in yourself, your career, and the overall quality of care provided to children, youth, and families. By supporting our association, you’re not only contributing to your professional development but also actively enhancing the well-being of those we serve. Join us in making a meaningful impact on the lives of children, youth, and families while nurturing your own personal and professional growth.
Requirements for Membership
Standard Membership – $100.00/year
For Albertans only. An individual must demonstrate at least one of the following: Living, working or going to school in Alberta, Working as a Child and Youth Care Counsellor, CYCA Administrator, CYC Supervisor, CYC Instructor/Trainer, Individual holding a CYC diploma or degree, Full or Intermediate Certification in Alberta.
The document must show your name and current Alberta address, which must be the same as on the application:
- A current Alberta driver’s license or Alberta identification card, or;
- A current utility (Gas, Electric, Phone, Cable etc.) bill with Alberta residence address, dated in the last three months, or;
- A current pay stub, dated within the last three months
Student Membership – $20.00/year
An individual enrolled in a Post Secondary CYC program in Alberta, or an individual living in Alberta but going to school out of the province. This membership is a yearly fee. All students with a paid student membership receive one FREE year of membership following graduation upon proof of graduation.
- Students will be required to upload a photo or scan of their student card, or proof of student status that includes your name, student ID number and name of your college or university. This will be required each year the membership is renewed.
Organization Membership – $100.00/year
Organizations/Agencies/Programs that work with children, youth and/or families that accept our code of ethics; are able to have workshop/employment information listed on our website. Membership for agencies/organizations provides two votes at any general meeting.
Benefits for our Members in Alberta
- Become certified and maintain certification.
- Access to online learning modules for Standard, Student and Certified Members.
- Gain opportunities for professional development and recognition.
- Attend CYCAA conferences and workshops at reduced rates.
- Attend provincial and regional conferences at reduced rates.
- Networking with Child and Youth Care Counsellors from other organizations.
- Yearly award eligibility for CYC Counsellors and Visionaries.
- Yearly scholarship award eligibility for CYC Students.
- Learn about employment opportunities from our Organizational members.
- Become a Board Member and help steer the direction of the Association, assist one or more of the committees, and/or fulfill your requirements for the maintenance of your Certified status.
- Become a committee member and help shape the future of the Association and its members.
- Access to professional liability insurance at a discount and other member perks.
- To access member-only content, log in with the user id and password you created when joining.