Requirements for Membership
|ATTENTION APPLICANTS: Beginning June 11, 2021, Standard and Student Members will be required to submit “Proof of Alberta Residency”.|
Standard Membership – $100.00/year
For Albertans only. An individual must demonstrate at least one of the following: Living, working or going to school in Alberta, Working as a Child and Youth Care Counsellor, CYCA Administrator, CYC Supervisor, CYC Instructor/Trainer, Individual holding a CYC diploma or degree, Full or Intermediate Certification in Alberta.
The document must show your name and current Alberta address, which must be the same as on the application:
- A current Alberta driver’s license or Alberta identification card
- A current utility (Gas, Electric, Phone, Cable etc.) bill with Alberta residence address, dated in the last three months
- A current pay stub, dated within the last three months
Student Membership – $20.00/year
An individual enrolled in a Post Secondary CYC program in Alberta, or an individual living in Alberta but going to school out of the province. This membership is a yearly fee. All students receive one FREE year of membership following graduation upon proof of graduation.
- Students will be required to upload a photo or scan of their student card, or proof of student status that includes your: name, student ID number and name of your college/university. This will be required each year the membership is renewed.
Organization Membership – $100.00/year
Organizations/Agencies/Programs that work with children, youth and/or families that accept our code of ethics; are able to have workshop/employment information listed on our website. Membership for agencies/organizations provides two votes at any general meeting.
Benefits for our Members in Alberta
- Become certified and maintain certification.
- Access to online learning modules for Standard, Student and Certified Members.
- Gain opportunities for professional development and recognition.
- Attend CYCAA conferences and workshops at reduced rates.
- Attend provincial and regional conferences at reduced rates.
- Networking with Child and Youth Care Counsellors from other organizations.
- Yearly award eligibility.
- Learn about employment opportunities from our Organizational members.
- Become a Board Member and help steer the direction of the Association, assist one or more of the committees, and/or fulfill your requirements for maintenance of your Certified status.
- Become a committee member and help shape the future of the Association and its members.
- Access to professional liability insurance at a discount and other member perks.
- To access member-only content, log in with the user id and password you created when joining.