Benefits for our Members
- Become certified and maintain certification.
- Access to online learning modules for Standard and Out of Province Members.
- Gain opportunities for professional development and recognition.
- Attend conferences and workshops at reduced rates.
- Attend provincial and regional conferences at reduced rates.
- Networking with Child and Youth Care Counsellors from other agencies.
- Yearly award eligibility.
- Learn about employment opportunities from Organizational members.
- Become a Board Member and help steer the direction of the Association, assist one or more of the committees, and/or fulfill your requirements for maintenance of your Certified status.
- Become a committee member and help shape the future of the Association and its members.
Requirements for Membership
- Standard Membership – $100.00/year (plus certification maintenance dues $70 if applicable)
Must demonstrate at least one of the following: Working as a Child and Youth Care Counsellor, CYCA Administrator, CYC Supervisor, CYC Instructor/Trainer, Individual holding a CYC diploma or degree, Full or Intermediate Certification
- Student Membership – $35.00 (2 or 3-year Diploma program), $55.00 (3 or 4-year Degree program)
An individual enrolled in a Post Secondary CYC program. * This membership is a one-time fee and is valid for the entire duration of the diploma/degree program. All students receive one FREE year of membership following graduation.
- Organization Membership – $100.00/year
Programs that work with children, youth and/or families that accept our code of ethics; are able to have workshop/employment information listed on our website. Membership for agencies/organizations provides two votes at any general meeting,
- On-Leave Membership – $50.00/year (plus certification maintenance dues if applicable [$35.00])
Must be a current Standard Member who is currently one of the following: on a leave of absence, unemployed, retired or changed careers. This membership is available for up to 3 (three) consecutive years. If the members’ status remains unchanged after this time, s/he must contact the Association.
- Retired Certified Membership – $25.00/year
Must be a current Certified Member who is currently retiring from active employment in the CYC field. Certification will not be maintained. The member would be encouraged, but not required, to continue involvement in the field. This is a way of honouring the expertise of those retiring from the field as well as keeping those who are interested invested in keeping up to date.