Benefits for our Members
- Become certified and maintain certification.
- Access to online learning modules for Standard, Student and Certified Members.
- Gain opportunities for professional development and recognition.
- Attend CYCAA conferences and workshops at reduced rates.
- Attend provincial and regional conferences at reduced rates.
- Networking with Child and Youth Care Counsellors from other organizations.
- Yearly award eligibility.
- Learn about employment opportunities from our Organizational members.
- Become a Board Member and help steer the direction of the Association, assist one or more of the committees, and/or fulfill your requirements for maintenance of your Certified status.
- Become a committee member and help shape the future of the Association and its members.
Requirements for Membership
- Standard Membership – $100.00/year (plus certification maintenance dues $70 if applicable)
Must demonstrate at least one of the following: Living or going to school in Alberta, Working as a Child and Youth Care Counsellor, CYCA Administrator, CYC Supervisor, CYC Instructor/Trainer, Individual holding a CYC diploma or degree, Full or Intermediate Certification in Alberta.
- Student Membership – $35.00 (2 or 3-year Diploma program), $55.00 (3 or 4-year Degree program)
An individual enrolled in a Post Secondary CYC program in Alberta, or an individual living in Alberta but going to school out of province. * This membership is a one-time fee and is valid for the entire duration of the diploma/degree program. All students receive one FREE year of membership following graduation.
- Organization Membership – $100.00/year
Programs that work with children, youth and/or families that accept our code of ethics; are able to have workshop/employment information listed on our website. Membership for agencies/organizations provides two votes at any general meeting.