- Attend workshops at reduced rates.
- Attend provincial and regional conferences at reduced rates.
- Receive the CYCAA newsletter.
- Access to online learning modules.
- Gain opportunities for professional development and recognition.
- Increase occurrences for interchange and networking with Child and Youth Care Counsellors from other agencies.
- Yearly award eligibility.
- Learn about employment opportunities from agency members.
- Advocate to the Ministry on Child and Youth Counsellor’s behalf.
- Lobby the Government on Child and Youth Counsellor’s behalf.
- Become a Board Member and help steer the direction of the association, assist one or more of the committees, and/or fulfill your requirements for maintenance of your Certified status.
- Become a committee member and help shape the future of the Association and it’s members.
- Become and maintain certification.
- Individual liability insurance coverage for Child and Youth Care Counsellors at a special rate please contact the office.
Types of Membership
- Full Membership — $100.00/year (plus certification maintenance dues $70 if applicable)
Must demonstrate at least one of the following: Working as a Child and Youth Care Counsellor, CYCA Administrator, CYC Supervisor, CYC Instructor/Trainer, Individual holding a CYC diploma or degree, Full or Intermediate Certification
- Out of Province Full Membership — $125/year
Must demonstrate at least one of the following: Working as a Child and Youth Counsellor, CYCA Administrator, CYC Supervisor, CYC Instructor/Trainer, Individual holding a CYC diploma or degree
- Student Membership — $35.00 (2 or 3 year Diploma program), $55.00 (3 or 4 year Degree program)
An individual enrolled in a Post Secondary CYC program. * This membership is a one-time fee and is valid for the entire duration of the diploma/degree program. All students receive one FREE year of membership following graduation.
- Agency — $100.00/year
Programs that work with children, youth and/or families
- Educational Member-$100 Person who is not eligible for full membership but would like to take the online modules
- Leave — $50.00/year (plus certification maintenance dues if applicable [$35.00])A Full member who is currently one of the following: on a leave of absence, unemployed, retired or changed careers. This membership is available for up to 5 consecutive years. If the members’ status remains unchanged after this time, s/he must contact the Association.
- Maternity/Paternity — $50.00/year (plus certification maintenance dues if applicable [$35.00])
An individual who is currently on leave for a year.
Membership Form to Download: 2015-membership-application-form