The Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta works to improve professional standards for Child and Youth Care Counsellors by providing support, education and opportunities to enhance skills and abilities; ensuring that children, youth and families receive the highest quality of care.
The Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta serves Child and Youth Care professionals by:
- Providing vital education resources and opportunities
- A certification process to ensure the quality of the profession
- Providing support, and opportunities to enhance skills and abilities
- Access to provincial, national and international conferences
- Advocating for legislation given our essential service to the public
- Maintain a code of ethics and standardization activities
- Awards and recognition of Child and Youth Care Counsellors who excel in their work
The objectives of the Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta are:
- To promote and advocate for the profession of Child and Youth Care.
- To maintain a code of ethics to govern Child and Youth Care Counsellors.
- To provide a scope of practice to identify the parameters of the profession.
- To educate the public about the roles and competencies of Child and Youth Care and how it impacts children, youth, families and communities.
- To provide specialized learning opportunities for our members.
- To form liaisons with other Child and Youth Care Associations.
- To maintain and oversee the Certification of Child and Youth Care Counsellors.