The Executive Board of the Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta (CYCAA) is a voluntary board composed of members from across the province who are elected for two year terms by the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
The objectives of the Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta are:
1. To promote and advocate for the profession of Child and Youth Care.
2. To maintain a code of ethics to govern Child and Youth Care Counsellors.
3. To provide a scope of practice to identify the parameters of the profession.
4. To educate the public about the roles and competencies of Child and Youth Care and how it impacts children, youth, families and communities.
5. To provide specialized learning opportunities for our members.
6. To form liaisons with other Child and Youth Care Associations.
7. To maintain and oversee the Certification of Child and Youth Care Counsellors.